Isle of Man News - POSTED Thu last week

Candle sparks house fire in Douglas

by TH

Candle sparks house fire in Douglas - picture

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Douglas on Tuesday which had been started by a candle.

Crews attended at 9.30pm after the blaze in the living room.

The property owner confirmed everyone had evacuated safely and the fire was out – work was then undertaken to vent the area.

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service say it believes the fire started due to a damaged candle holder.

It’s asking people to put candles in proper holders and to ensure they never leave a candle unattended.

Bringing You Isle of Man News and Sports Items


Send your press releases to: webmaster@manx.net
Got a news story: Contact Joanne Clague on 340000 or email newsdesk@manx.net
For MTTV news: contact Paul Moulton on 310000 or email news@manx.net

Service Status Virus Scan