People are being urged to make sure their tumble dryers are in good working order and don’t overheat.
It's after a fire at a house in Port Erin just after 6.30am on Monday.
Firefighters attended a property on Ballafurt Road where they found smoke coming from a tumble dryer in an adjoining outhouse.
The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says it’s important to follow their advice as the weather starts to turn.
They’re asking people to:
• Keep the immediate area surrounding a tumble dryer free from clutter and well ventilated.
• Clean filters after each use to avoid a build-up of lint which could cause overheating.
• Do not overload. Stick to the manufacturers approved capacity.
• Make sure appliances are in good working order.
• Allow appliances to finish the cool-down phase and remove items promptly.