Firefighters were called to an out of control bonfire on Sunday.
They spent 40 minutes at a property at Lark Hill in Ramsey.
The blaze started as a garden rubbish fire but it escalated and spread to a van parked close by.
The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says anyone planning to have a spring clean and burn garden rubbish should:
- Make sure the area is clear of overhead obstructions such as power cables and tree branches
- Have at least six metres clearance from things like fences, hedges and oil tanks
- Make sure vegetation surrounding the bonfire won’t allow the fire to spread
- Have a garden hose on standby
- Phone the Emergency Services Joint Control Room ahead of time so false alarm calls aren't received
- Consider your neighbours