Manx Telecom has announced three ways to help customers save money on usage and mobile roaming costs. Firstly, all of Manx Telecom’s mobile customers will now automatically benefit from up to 90% reductions in data roaming costs.
Secondly, the company has also announced that it is the first Isle of Man operator to offer its pay monthly customers inclusive roaming within the UK and EU, which means customers can now significantly reduce what they pay for data, calls and texts when visiting these destinations. New ‘Smartroam’ tariffs provide Pay Monthly customers up to 5GB of roaming data, 500 minutes call time, and 500 texts of inclusive roaming allowance, for use when travelling to UK and EU destinations.
Thirdly, Manx Telecom has significantly increased calls, texts and data allowances available on Island – these include Manx Telecom becoming the first Isle of Man operator to offer a completely unlimited tariff for making calls, sending texts and using 4G data on the Island.
Gary Lamb, Manx Telecom CEO, says the roaming cost reductions represent a major development in the history of the company’s mobile product portfolio, and will bring immediate benefits to all of its mobile customers. He commented: “We have listened to all of our customers and taken this significant step to make roaming more affordable, simpler, and transparent, and better value than ever before. This has been achieved following an extensive project which has involved making a significant investment in IT systems, conducting a massive amount of research to create a detailed understanding of our customers’ data and call usage internationally and, most importantly, negotiating even better international roaming agreements. All of this work has been at significant cost, but we have planned to provide savings to our customers and to offer the best possible commercially viable tariffs.”
Manx Telecom now has 380 roaming agreements with all major networks, including those in the most popular destinations visited by Isle of Man residents for business or pleasure.
• All of Manx Telecom’s mobile customers will automatically benefit from up 90% reductions in data roaming costs.
• Customers with pay monthly contracts who opt-in to new Smartroam tariffs receive up to 5GB of roaming data, 500 minutes call time, and 500 texts of inclusive roaming allowance, for use when travelling to UK and EU destinations.
What do customers need to do to benefit from these changes?
• All Manx Telecom customers will automatically benefit from up to 90% reductions in roaming costs – so no action is required
• Customers who already have a Manx Telecom pay monthly contract need to opt-in to switch to a new Smartroam tariff – they can switch from no extra cost, and all they have to do is complete an online form at www.manxtelecom.com/roaming, or text SMARTROAM to 166663, call in to the Manx Telecom store in Strand Street, Douglas, or phone 624 624.
• Manx Telecom pay as you go customers who would like an inclusive UK and EU roaming allowance should call in to the store to apply for a Smartroam pay monthly tariff.
• Customers with another mobile operator, who would like an inclusive UK and EU roaming allowance, can switch to a Manx Telecom Smartroam pay monthly tariff and should call in to the store – they can also keep their existing mobile number when they switch.