Balmoral returns to Douglas for the second time this year on Thursday 30th August bringing passengers from Whitehaven to enjoy the delights of our Island and its heritage transport system.
• The same afternoon she will be offering a non-landing afternoon excursion from Douglas to Ramsey Bay – leaving at 2 pm and back about 5 pm.
The much travelled ship then heads for the West of Scotland before bringing an excursion from Ireland into Peel on Sunday afternoon 9th September.
• On Monday 10th September the ever-popular day excursion from Peel to Portaferry, at the entrance to Strangford Lough, will be offered for the first time in recent years. Balmoral sails from Peel Breakwater at 10 am (but please assemble for Passenger Registration by 09.30) and is due back around 7 pm. Passengers will have nearly three hours ashore in this charming Irish village with its Exploris Aquarium and Castle.
After that she heads for SW Scotland to bring a day trip from Garlieston to Douglas on Wednesday 12th September.
• Balmoral's final IOM sailing opportunity this year is a Round the Island Cruise from Douglas on Saturday 15th September leaving Douglas at 12 noon and back about 5.30 pm. The 1949 built ship has plenty of open deck seating from which the spectacular Manx coastline can be admired. We provide the ship but passengers are invited to arrange their own sunshine.
Balmoral, which is owned by a charity, has a licensed bar lounge which is open throughout all sailings, self service cafeteria, souvenir shop and a comfortable deck lounge.
The full day cruise to Portaferry is £35. The Round the Island Cruise costs £23, and the Ramsey Bay one is £17. Senior Citizens receive a £2 discount and Children travel at half fare. There are discounts for group bookings (10 or more adults) made by phone on 08456 130 4647.
Tickets can be bought on-line at www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk, by phone on 0845 130 4647, or in person at Richmond Travel, Duke Street in Douglas. If space is still available you can also book on board on the day.
There are also opportunities for your friends and relatives to come to the Island for the day from
• Whitehaven on August 30th with 4 hours ashore
• Garlieston on September 12th with over 3 hours here
• Portaferry (to Peel) on September 9th – almost 3 hours ashore
Details of timings and prices are available at www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk or by phoning 0845 130 4647.